The REVO partners will show the full REVO process live at Labelexpo. Every two hours a completely new set of seven extended color gamut plates will be produced, mounted on printing sleeves and printed live on BOBST M4 and M6 UV flexo presses. Each set of plates will print a different subject. The full REVO Digital Flexo program of technologies will be working in full operation on the REVO "island" within the BOBST booth, C10 in Hall 11.
The island will feature input for partners:
- Esko: Prepress software (including seven-color separation with Equinox) and flexo computer-to-print image setter (Esko CDI)
- DuPont: Latest printing plate and processing equipment technology, namely DuPont Cyrel® FAST DFUV printing plates and DuPont Cyrel® FAST 1001TD thermal developer, accompanied by the standard Cyrel® 1000 ECLF exposure frame
- Apex: REVO GTT anilox rollers
- AVT: Print process control and inspection technologies
- Flint Group: Ancora UV Flexo REVO seven color inks
- Adare: REVO graphics and color separations
- UPM Raflatac: REVO certified self-adhesive label materials
- BOBST: M4 430 and M6 670 REVO UV flexo presses.
Labelexpo visitors will be able to follow the whole REVO process, consisting of the graphic design of a new job, plate making, plate mounting and non-stop printing, live every two hours on the REVO island, inside the BOBST booth.
The REVO partners jointly comment: "After two years of successful cooperation, at Labelexpo we claim and show live the achievements of our revolutionary objectives: non-stop press production, fast plate-making cycles, on-demand printing, wide printing flexibility, and consistent quality. REVO Digital Flexo technology is a reliable and predictable process. A true opportunity for converters, a real industry change, promoted by industry leaders in labels and packaging."