- Celebrating the excellence in eco-responsible product & packaging design and initiatives for less single-use plastic across the world -
Just 7 days left until the BEYONDPLASTIC AWARD 2021 will close its gates on September 15.
The global online platform for eco-designed product & packaging solutions BEYONDPLASTIC hosts the Award with the motto: „Let us design and create eco-responsible products, packages & artwork. Let us reduce single-use plastic and start a material renaissance!“ The Award will honor the innovation and creativity in sustainable product & packaging design in four categories:
1. Most practical impact to reduce the use of plastics
2. Most innovative approach
3. Most beautiful solution
4. Best Initiative in Education / Journalism / Campaigning.
For each category there will be a Gold, Silver and Bronze Award with trophies and cash prizes of 6,750 Euros in total. Who can participate? The Award is directed towards students, designers, engineers, scientists, makers, creators, inventors, artists, journalists and and teachers: Everyone who has an idea, concept, project, initiative, prototype or even a solution already in market which supports less single-use plastic is welcome to take part. It can either be an entry which replaces an existing environmentally irresponsible product / package or it can be a completely new solution. Also it can be a campaign, educational or journalistic project related to the topic.
The entries will be judged and selected by an expert jury panel and the winners will be announced and celebrated in fall 2021.
The jury line-up consists of excellent experts in the fields of eco-design and sustainability.
• Paul Rose, explorer, TV presenter & public speaker
• Brigette Allan, environmental Impact Consultant and Co-Author of Living Without Plastic
• Julia Watson, designer, activist, academic, and author of Lo-TEK
• Grant Gibson, design, craft and architecture writer & host of Material Matters podcast
• Trent Romer, writer & author of Finding Sustainability
• Sarah Ferguson, world record holding swimmer & founder of the Breathe Foundation
• Ulrich Krzyminski, engineer, entrepreneur & founder of BEYONDPLASTIC
• Katie Holloway, eco-friendly marketing specialist and founder of Cocoon Communications